Delta Hope, Inc. (Together for Hope Arkansas) Executive Director
Reports to: Delta Hope, Inc. Board of Directors
Supervises: Staff members, interns and volunteers
Status: Full-time, non-traditional hours
Job Summary: The Executive Director oversees Delta Hope, Inc., its mission, administration, ministries and programming. In collaboration with the Board of Directors, she/he/they develops and communicates the vision of Delta Hope, Inc. represents the organization in the local community and among local, regional and national partnerships, manages year-round programming, implements fundraising strategies, and ensures sound financial management.
Organization’s Mission: Together for Hope Arkansas (TFHAR) partners with churches and organizations both within and outside the community to create opportunities for young people to grow and succeed through leadership development, service, education, and enrichment.
Current Partnerships: Cooperative Baptist Fellowship (CBF), CBF Arkansas; Together for Hope (national); Together for Hope Delta (regional); CBF churches within and outside Arkansas; local churches in Helena and Phillips County, Arkansas; organizations, schools, agencies and foundations in Helena and Phillips County, Arkansas
- Cultivate and nurture mutually beneficial partnerships that help achieve the mission of the organization.
- Develop a diversified funding model that includes but is not limited to financial support from grants, churches, individuals, and corporations. Includes identifying, writing and submitting grants, creating fundraising strategies, and sustaining donor relations.
- Coordinate and expand year round programming that accomplishes the mission of the organization. Current programming includes Barbershop Books, Stories on Wheels, Christmas Book Drive, ReadIT, School supply collections, Camp Go, Swim Camp (All Church Challenge), TFHAR Scholarship and Partner Church Scholarship.
- Effectively communicate, promote, and advocate for the organization, its mission, and programming through relationship building, public speaking, and various written and digital platforms.
- Represent the organization as a visible and active participant in Helena and Phillips County.
- Represent the organization when attending local, regional and national meetings; share regularly with churches (local / regional / national, CBF and other) and other organizations; and write on behalf of the organization.
- Communicate and work effectively with the Board of Directors to support and guide the organization. Communicate regularly with the board, respond to requests, provide pertinent information for decision making, submit an annual report, prepare the annual budget for approval, and collaborate on strategic planning.
- Maintain an office presence in Helena or Phillips County.
- Attend Together for Hope Delta (regional) and Together for Hope (national) meetings.
- Attend and provide updates for CBF Arkansas quarterly Coordinating Council meetings.
- Attend annual CBF General Assembly.
- Attend annual Christian Community Development Association meeting.
- Person of Christian faith who leads with a servant heart.
- Bachelor’s degree required (Master’s degree in a related field preferred).
- Minimum one year grant writing experience.
- Minimum three years leading successful, community programming.
- Experience with the nonprofit sector, community development, and cultures of diversity.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Comfortable working with and speaking in Christian churches.
- Familiarity and competency with computer software (word processing, spreadsheets, email, publishing, video calling) and social media platforms.
- Ability to travel for meetings and speaking engagements when required.
- Dependable vehicle with insurance and willingness to use vehicle for work and travel.
- Interpersonal Skills: Ability to understand, appreciate, respect, and work effectively with people of diverse backgrounds. Ability to inspire and lead various stakeholders toward a common purpose.
- Character: A person of integrity and compassion. A person quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to get angry. Ability to negotiate and resolve conflicts peacefully.
- Mission Ownership: Holds a strong belief in the mission of the organization. Understands and supports the historical and missional relationships between the Cooperative Baptist Fellowship, Together for Hope, CBF Arkansas and Delta Hope, Inc.
- Strategic Management: Strong analytic, planning, multi-tasking, time management, and organizational skills; Ability to work effectively alone and with little supervision. Willingness to offer and invite creative ideas and realistic solutions for day-to-day operations and strategic planning.
- People and Volunteer Management: Ability to recruit, train, supervise, motivate, and thank staff and volunteers. Skill to help staff and volunteers understand how their role supports the overall mission of the organization.
For Questions or to Submit a Resume'
If you have questions or would like to submit a cover letter, resume', and at least three references (in one PDF) to the Search Committee, email firstname.lastname@example.org.